WPA Awards celebrate excellence12 April 2019
Excellence in the field of timber treatments was celebrated at the annual Wood Protection Association (WPA) Awards on April 10.
This year’s winners were:
- Quality excellence: Bond Timber
- Treated wood trader: Walford Timber
- Outstanding contribution: Dr Mark Hull, field technical services manager at Lonza Wood Protection
- Innovation: Piveteaubois, for its Hexapli CLT panels
- Project of the year: 999 Club Sleeping Pods, with Burnblock FR treated birch plywood supplied by Specialised Panel Products
A special award for his “absolutely outstanding contribution” to the timber treatments sector was give to former WPA chairman, Dr Chris Coggins, the association’s standards and quality director.
A full report on the awards and subsequent WPA conference will appear in a forthcoming issue of TTJ.