Area Sales Manager for South West UK26 April 2017
Södra Wood Ltd is the UK and Ireland's leading distributor of planed strength graded softwood and engineered wood products to the roof truss and timber frame manufacturing industries, as well as to timber and builders’ merchants. Established in 1983, with our Head Office in Cirencester, we operate as a specialist just-in-time distributor to national customers such as Travis Perkins and Selco as well as to regional and local companies. We have won many awards for our products and services and pride ourselves on our professional and personal approach.
Reporting to the Sales Director for Merchants, this is a regional field based sales role covering the South West UK, responsible for achieving the Merchants sales budget in that region through an established customer base and generating new business.
Key accountabilities are;
• Working with your colleagues to produce and deliver the sales budgets of each of the Merchant products within your region at or above the margin agreed with the Sales Director.
• To regularly visit all established customers within the region and produce call weekly reports in the agreed format.
• To understand and manage customer rebates.
• To generate new business by seeking and developing new opportunities within the region.
• To ensure that the company retains and builds upon its position as a market leader in this sector.
• To be aware of and act upon any market changes that may influence the company’s objectives in this sector.
Successful candidates will have;
• Significant timber industry sales expereince, selling proactively and successfully to merchants and key accounts
• Commercial appreciation and understanding of the Timber and Builders merchant sector.
• Proven ability to manage National Accounts and Key Accounts and develop new accounts.
• Drive and motivation to self-start and develop well thought out plans and carry them through.
• Ability to work with internal, operational & credit and pro-actively involve others to develop profitable growth.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to deal and negotiate with people at all levels of an organisation.
• Solid working understanding of margins, profitability, budgets & Excel.
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience, a car or allowance, 33 days holiday, generous company pension and other benefits
If you are interested in this exciting role then please send your CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com or look for further details on our website www.sodra.com/wooduk