Associate Director - Operations31 May 2018
G E Robinson & Co Ltd is a long established private company of timber and sheet material importers that has traded independently for over 100 years. The company has 5 sites in England based in Salford, Walsall, Garstang, Ashton-in-Makerfield and Heckmondwike.
It is a profitable company with turnover for 2018 expected to be around £40M.
We are now looking to fill a senior position due to the forthcoming retirement of our Operations Director.
The role will be based at our Head Office in Salford.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role will involve:
- Responsibility for Health & Safety
- Improving day-to-day Operational and Production Efficiency
- Forming and implementing the operational strategy for the group
- Capital Expenditure and project management
- Supporting the sales function by improving customer service and increased capacity
The successful candidate will:
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Be a strong leader with good communication and motivational skills
- Have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Have strong problem solving skills, be able to work independently and make decisions
- Have a proven track record of working in an operations management position
- Ideally have experience in the timber industry (but not essential)
Please apply in writing enclosing your CV to:
Mr A Gerrard, Managing Director, G E Robinson & Co Ltd, Thurlow Sawmills, Montford Street, Salford, M50 2XD or firstname.lastname@example.org