Compliance Manager/Assistant to Financial Controller30 June 2021
Brentwood, Essex. OFFICE BASED
Basic salary: £26,000 pa
A long-established and successful company, which operates internationally, is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the small team as a Compliance Manager with additional accounts department responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all timber sourcing regulatory and policy compliance responsibilities for the business. This includes managing an external agency responsible for supply chain assessment. Therefor candidates should ideally have a thorough understanding of the regulation and policy requirements associated with global sourcing of forest products. However, full training will be offered for the right candidate who can demonstrate willingness and capability to learn.
Duties to include:
- Annual FSC/PEFC audits.
- Annual Responsible Purchasing Policy audits.
- Providing support to customers on any compliance queries.
- Staff training in compliance issues
- Manage and oversee supply chain audit agency.
- Check and process invoices. Identify and challenge errors as necessary.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting duty and VAT charges.
- Check terms of shipment, charges and invoice amounts against monthly cost sheet
- Generate reports on SAGE.
- Maintain SQL database.
- Support the Financial Controller in all elements of the accounts department as needed.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities to provide support across the business.
Required skills and knowledge:
Excellent data gathering and analytical skills. Process orientated and systematic.
Extreme attention to detail, whilst also able to multi-task and independently prioritise workload.
Confidence to question and challenge senior team members, and ability to present findings and project updates in a professional manner to internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to communicate professionally and effectively across all elements of the business from overseas suppliers to colleagues and directors, to external agencies and customers.
Experience of working in accounts administration, with SAGE 50.
Must be confident in working across a variety of IT platforms vital to the role.
Personable, with previous experience of customer facing roles.
Excellent team player who is willing to support colleagues across the entire business.
Proactive and hands on, with a passion to learn and contribute to the overall success of the business.
Knowledge of UKTR, EUTR, FLEGT, Lacey Act, ILP, FSC and PEFC.
Experience of compliance management.
Experience of commercial supply chain assessment.
Timber industry experience and shipping experience are also desirable.
To apply please send CV and hand-written letter of application to
The Financial Controller
Wood International Agency Ltd
King Edward Road