Field Based Sales Executive - North East England and Cumbria6 August 2021
James Jones & Sons Ltd is one of the UK’s largest and most progressive timber processing companies with core activities in timber harvesting, haulage and sawmilling.
With twenty five sites throughout the UK, we operate seven sawmills, an engineered wood manufacturing plant in the north of Scotland and pallet and packaging operations at 16 sites across the UK. We produce high quality, British grown timber for the UK construction, fencing & landscaping, and agricultural sectors; market-leading JJI-Joists for the housebuilding and construction markets and pallets and packaging for blue chip domestic and exporting businesses.
We have a vacancy for a field-based Sales executive covering North East England and Cumbria.
Previous sales experience and a proven track record in a sales environment is essential. While not critical, it would be advantageous should candidates have previous experience, knowledge and commercial understanding of the UK timber, builder merchants or associated sectors.
Location: A home-based position, ideally within the Newcastle/Durham area, but positioned to facilitate travel throughout the sales territory.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop existing customer accounts
- Negotiate sales contracts, pricing, and supply commitments
- Coordinate customer requirements in liaison with sales and production colleagues
- Identify and develop new customers and relationships
- Analyse and report monthly on your area sales performance
- Driven, enthusiastic and a self-motivator
- Honesty & integrity – enjoy building relationships with customers through trust and openness
- Have strong and effective communication skills – both within your team and your customers
- A passion for customer service – committed to doing a great job for your customers and exceeding their expectations
- Motivated to succeed in achieving individual and group targets – be a vibrant member of a great team
- Commercially astute – be able to read and assess the market
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word
- An attention to detail and accuracy
- Current driving licence
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience + annual bonus
- Company car + lap-top + mobile phone
- Enhanced Salary exchange pension scheme
Applicants must be able to provide eligibility to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship
Please send your CV to: - Donna O’Connor, Human Resources Manager, James Jones & Sons Ltd, Broomage Avenue, Larbert, FK5 4NQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview