International Technical Operations Manager - Dunster House16 January 2020
Dunster House Ltd is a well-established manufacturer and supplier of products for the DIY Garden and Home market place. We are seeking an International Technical Operations Manager to oversee the Technical and Production aspects of the supply of products from our sister factories in Estonia, Hungary and Poland as well as production here in Bedford, plus outside 3rd party suppliers. Between all companies there are c. 500 staff. This multi-disciplined key role has been developed as we expand into the future with new and exciting products.
Based in Bedford HQ, and you will report directly to the Board and Senior Management with the aim to take over the Technical Role from the Managing Director.
This is a key opportunity within our activities and will appeal to practical minded candidates with a proven dynamic and committed leadership approach to constant improvements in cost effective results. You must be able to demonstrate a proven ability to lead multi-disciplined teams and have a holistic eye to look at optimising our resources.
Some of the areas of responsibility for this position are:
- Responsible for new developments and products
- A hands on approach whilst overseeing the activities and quality of the work produced by the Design and R&D teams as well as factories overseas
- Actively managing and contributing constructive ideas for the development of new products with the design team
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design issues
- Reviewing materials for the best and most cost effective use of them
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven experience of Management in the Building industry
- Ambitious, with ideas to help develop/improve the company
- A demonstrable strong hands on Leader, able to manage, inspire and harness the talents of our multi-cultural activities in different cultural environments.
Visit our web site www.dunsterhouse.co.uk for more information about us or to apply for this position please email a covering letter telling us why you are the person for us, along with your comprehensive CV to: email@example.com or by post to Dunster House Ltd, Caxton Road, Elms Farm Industrial Estate, Bedford, MK41 0LF