Operations Manager - Forest Sawmills Limited (FSL)19 February 2018
Reports To: Group Project and Engineering Director – Forest Garden Group.
Liaises with: Stakeholders, Group Directorate and Divisional Management.
Key Objectives: The execution and development of FSL operational activities in the delivery of Group strategic objectives and annual EBITDA targets
Location: Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway. Travel required to Head Office (Hartlebury, DY10)
Salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
Based in Lockerbie, Forest Sawmills is the largest UK producer of timber componentry for the shed, fencing and garden timber market. This Division is the foundation of the Forest Garden Group’s vertical supply chain and so underpins its position as the UK’s market leader in garden timber products.
Due to internal re-organisation, the Group is now recruiting for the role of Operations Manager for this Division. This is a key Senior Management role, with responsibility for the ongoing development of the Mill Operations to ensure achievement of Group profitability and output requirements.
This is a key appointment for the Group and would appeal to candidates who have proven leadership experience within Manufacturing and/or Engineering environments and are looking for a senior general management/site lead role.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day to day management and control of all Lockerbie site operations
• Operational responsibility for site performance against financial and operational targets
• Effectively lead and line manage the site management team, responsible for the personal development and performance management of all direct reports
• Execute Divisional strategies to achieve objectives in line with the Group strategic plan
• Assist in the preparation of annual site budgets and provide ongoing monitoring, control and
reporting of financial performances against those objectives, ensuring adherence to budget
• Responsible for ensuring products produced and supplied meet Divisional quality standards at all times
• Develop external sales opportunities to achieve Divisional sales growth targets
• Ensure compliance with all statutory legal, environmental and health and safety requirements
• Ensure that all stocks are secure, well maintained and accurately recorded within the Group
• Responsible for the management of an effective plant maintenance schedule, to protect and optimise operational efficiency
• Prepare and present regular Divisional reports covering performance and key activities
• Develop effective operational plans for the delivery of Divisional weekly, monthly and annual KPI’s
• Ensure effective communication exist, both internally within the Group, and with external customers to ensure smooth and timely product delivery at all times
• Responsible for ensuring up to date costings and pricings are used for sales quotations and internal transfer pricing
• Monitor and control the company’s H&S and quality management systems
• Continually leverage site structures and operations to grow Divisional profitability
Skills/Qualifications & Attributes:
• Proven track record of success in a similar role
• A strong leader, able to inspire and engage teams to positively impact performance
• A proactive, self-motivated individual with a solutions-focussed approach
• Demonstrates personal credibility and integrity, able to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the Group, working collaboratively at all levels
• Experienced and confident in making informed and balanced decisions
• Thrives on working at pace in a busy environment handling multiple priorities
Please send CV to Mark Dayson, email:-email@example.com