Scottish Timber Trade Association - Secretariat: 32 hours a month11 December 2019
The STTA is a thriving trade association operating across all sectors of the timber industry in Scotland. The key purpose of the Association is to provide technical guidance and support to its members, and to act as a sourcing hub for specifiers and buyers. Given the current focus of the UK Government to reduce carbon footprint, the Timber Industry is an exciting sector to be involved in due to timber being a renewable material and carbon negative.
Due to retirement, the trade association is looking for an organised and motivated individual to lead the organisation.
Duties would involve:
- Liaising with STTA Members, national timber organisations and others as required
- Provide technical support to all members at a Scottish and UK level
- Facilitate Government interaction and communication at a Scottish and UK Level
- Raise the profile and increase membership of the trade association
- Communicate with association members to discover what policies and strategies will help move the association forward and increase membership
- All secretarial duties of the association including annual reports and book-keeping