Head of Group Sales28 October 2021
Glennon Brothers (www.glennonbrothers.ie) is a leading timber processor in Ireland & UK with a strong growth story. As a leader in the Green Tech industry, Glennon Brothers is a growing, dynamic and innovative organisation with ambitious growth plans. The company won the Ernst & Young Ireland Industry Entrepreneur award in 2010 and a Ruban d’Honneur in the European Business Award in 2013. Glennon Brothers supplies both the Irish and UK markets with products for the construction, pallet wood and fencing industries. It also manufactures timber frame homes and engineered roof trusses for the house building sector. It has over 560 employees with plants in Troon and Edinburgh in the UK, and Longford, Fermoy and Arklow in Ireland. The company has entered into an agreement with SHV Energy to purchase Balcas Timber and Balcas Energy in 2021 and will see its turnover double and headcount increase to over 900. Its people, a commitment to service, and ongoing investment in new technology are core to the business. Over the past five years it invested over €50 million across the Group including value added processing in Fermoy and a state-of-the-art combined heat and power (CHP) plant in Troon. As the company prepares for continued growth and investment in the UK and Ireland, Glennon Brothers is now expanding its senior leadership team to appoint a Head of Group Sales.
Reporting directly to the joint Managing Directors, this is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a newly formed dynamic leadership team in the development and execution of the strategy to grow the business. This person will be responsible for the key customer relationships across our business and the growth and development of a dynamic sales team. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Glennon Brothers sales strategy and sales plans. They are responsible for hitting or exceeding agreed sales targets for the group. As a member of the Senior Leadership team, this person will play a pivotal role in realising the vision of the organisation and providing guidance and direction on how to achieve the goal and key milestones along the journey. There is a requirement to frequently travel in Ireland and the UK as part of this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a critical member of the leadership team, develop and execute the strategic plan to grow the company’s sales.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships with key accounts and Buying Groups across the UK and Ireland.
- Own, hit or exceed annual sales targets and key milestones from a personal and company perspective.
- Work closely with key Production and Log Procurement teams to ensure production schedules maximise sales, yield and profits.
- Report on overall sales performance and key sales metrics.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Group’s strategy.
- Travel extensively within Ireland and the UK to customers and sales teams.
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to grow, lead and develop their team and themselves in realising the ambitions of the company.
- Ensure that the sales process evolves to meet the needs of the business as it grows.
- Develop the technology plans to enable the sales team deliver on the overall sales strategy.
The ideal candidate needs to be a resourceful, results-driven individual with a strong sense of urgency who can build trusted relationships and understands the importance of developing people. Business degree or relevant equivalent qualification is required, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading external and internal sales team in a Senior Sales Leadership role, ideally in an internationally focused organisation. Must demonstrate a proven track record in exceeding sales targets and a brand ambassador. Experience of sales in the B2B sector and in-depth knowledge and experience of ERP/CRM systems are essential.
Applications in the strictest confidence, with full CV by email to Mike Glennon at:
A detailed role profile will be provided to candidates during the recruitment process.