Sales and Marketing Director - MH Southern & Co Ltd23 March 2023
Reporting to the Managing Director, MH Southern & Co Ltd are seeking to appoint a sales and marketing director. MH Southern are a 4th generation family timber importing business with a head offi ce in Gateshead where the successful candidate will be based. Turnover is approx. £18M with nearly 100 colleagues. Previous experience in sales and marketing to a similar level is required as well as looking after a team of 10 sales people.
The successful candidate will :
- Oversee and manage all of the company’s sales and marketing operations.
- Establish and achieve realistic and challenging sales targets for the business
- Create sales objectives and review & refresh them.
- Direct, control, lead and motivate our team of sales managers, sales representatives & internal sales staff.
- Be responsible for sales team recruitment & sales staff training programmes.
- Maintain strong existing customer relationships.
- Develop plans to meet sales targets and develop new customer relationships.
- Ensure the company’s sales and marketing resources are adequate and organised to achieve strategic plans and ensure smooth day-to-day running of their activities
- Prepare sales and marketing budgets and plans.
- Identify sales growth opportunities:
- • Existing/new products an d services
- • Existing/new customers
- • Outside the region
- Identify opportunities to improve margins and customer profitability.
- Analyse and report sales to the MD monthly.
- Ensure that sales and marketing activities are fully engaged with and interact effectively with other parts of the business including finance, purchasing and production.
- Represent the company and bring influence to bear where necessary or possible such as through trade organisations and at industry events.
- Develop and implement an effective marketing strategy and plan for the company.
- Maintain and improve the company’s brand awareness.
- Raise the company’s profile where areas of sales opportunity are identified.
- Undertake market and competitor analysis.
- Make good use of digital and social media marketing opportunities.
- Ensure the company’s web-site is attractive and effective, using data analytics where necessary.
- Coordinate product launches, rollouts and follow-ups.
- Coordinate promotions and campaigns for existing and new products.
- Constantly review and streamline existing products and product lines where appropriate where necessary.
Previous experience in the timber industry is preferred but not essential.
Package is by negotiation but would include a competitive salary, bonus scheme, pension and car allowance. Relocation expenses
Please apply via email with CV to James Southern