Sales Executive, Southern England, Timber / Pallet Sectors - A & J Scott Ltd4 October 2023
A&J Scott Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent sawmills. Established in 1960, the company sells its products to a diverse range of customers nationwide, predominantly in the fencing, garden products and pallet sectors.
To support the growth of the business we are seeking to extend our sales team by appointing a sales representative to cover the south of England. This will involve repeat selling to established accounts as well as generating new business in the timber merchant, fencing and pallet sectors.
This hands-on role presents an exciting opportunity to grow new business and progress within the company. The role will be home based, ideally in the Midlands or south of England, with regular travel to visit customers, prospects and our offices in Northumberland.
The ideal candidate will have proven sales experience, preferably in the home grown timber market.
Duties will include:
- Developing relationships with customers to generate repeat sales
- Identify, evaluate and develop new customer opportunities, generating leads
- Negotiate prices, delivery and specifications
- Maintain regular customer contact via phone, email and in person meetings
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Recording sales information
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, confident, determined approach
- Self motivated and well organised
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good level of numeracy & commercial awareness
- Proficiency in MS Office & CRM software
A competitive salary will be on offer, dependent on experience.
To apply, please visit www.ajscott.co.uk