Senior Certification Officer to Certification Manager (Forestry)16 January 2019
Full time, permanent
£27,357 to £33,057 per annum
Bristol, with some international travel
Soil Association Certification Limited (SACL) is the UK’s leading certification body for organic farming, production and forestry. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Soil Association, a leading environmental charity.
The Forestry department has offered certification to FSC® and PEFC™ schemes for sustainable forest management and chain of custody globally for over 15 years. As part of our ongoing development process, we are now recruiting and welcome interest from highly motivated individuals with suitable qualifications and experience to contribute to the delivery our forestry and chain of custody certification schemes.
About the opportunity
We are now recruiting and welcome interest from highly motivated individuals with suitable qualifications and experience to contribute to the delivery our forestry and chain of custody certification schemes.
About the role
Working within an international portfolio that covers Asia, Pacific and the Americas you will be working with Forest Managers, timber processors and timber merchants as well as people across the Forestry team. The role is responsible for guiding new and existing clients through the certification process in a timely manner, providing advice and guidance and making recommendations as necessary. You will ensure that all requirements of the FSC, PEFC and other relevant bodies are met and adhered to.
We are looking for the successful applicant to be able to demonstrate
- education to degree level or equivalent in Forestry, Timber Science, Ecology, Environment or related subjects
- - excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy and a confident approach to service delivery
- the ability to provide solutions within tight deadlines
- Spanish as a primary or secondary language
- You will have proven knowledge and experience of
- forestry and forest management, or
- the timber industry or related disciplines
- auditing, audit skills and experience working with quality management systems
- substantial administrative and customer care experience will complement the role.
To view the full job description, please visit our jobs website.
For more information or questions about the role please contact Ewan Brown [email protected] Senior Certification Manager Forestry.
Working for us you will have access to a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
• 27 days annual holiday plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days
• Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution
• Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
• Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
• Family friendly policies, flexible working and childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
Closing date for applications: 23rd January 2019
Please submit your CV with a covering letter, outlining your relevant skills and experience for the role, to [email protected].
Please make sure that the file names of the documents you attach contain your name (first name and surname).