Senior Responsible Sourcing Manager7 February 2023
Expiry: End of Feb 2023
Salary: £40,494 pa
Location: Home-Based – UK with occasional international travel as required
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market, and we protect forests. We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
Soil Association Certification offers a huge range of organic and sustainable certification schemes across food, farming, catering, health and beauty, textiles and forestry which are recognised and trusted by consumers and businesses around the world. We’re the UK’s leading organic certifier – you’ll find our symbol on over 70% of organic products.
About the opportunity
We provide auditing and advisory services to partners to support them in their goals to meet Legal (such as the EU/UK Timber Regulation and other regulations connected with the sourcing of natural resources) and voluntary requirements (such as forest product and other natural commodity certifications and due diligence). You will lead the delivery of our Responsible Purchasing Policy service in partnership with Timber Development UK, internal and external colleagues. You will also have the opportunity to lead the establishment of new services in this area, working in partnership and collaboratively with SA Group, clients and external organisation's. We are looking to expand our scope to deliver greater impact and support the implementation of supply chain assurance and nature-based solutions to address the climate and biodiversity emergencies. We are a committed and dynamic new team, exploring opportunities and driving positive change.
You will have;
- Experience in land management, forestry, conservation or natural resource commodity sectors.
- Experience of working with, or knowledge of carbon/ sustainability standards, quality management systems or supply chain assurance.
- Understanding of the principles of due diligence in natural commodity supply chains. • Experience of training/ mentoring/ coaching others.
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution increasing with length of service
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce
To apply for this position please visit: