Showroom Sales Advisor - Harmondsworth8 September 2022
Do you have a passion for all things sales ? Are you looking for your next step up ? If so, please read on, this could be your best move ever.
1. Salary and Location
With an excellent salary package of between £27,000 to £30,000 per annum, depending on industry experience and benefits package including:
- Hours: currently 7:30am – 4:00pm Monday to Friday
- Annual Leave – 22 days per annum, rising to 26 days within the first 5 years of service
- Bank Holidays off
- Your birthday off (a gift from the business)
- Company Pension Scheme & Bupa Private Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Reward Scheme (eligible after 3 months from start date)
- Additional holidays
- Onsite parking at our premises - 7, Skyport Drive, Harmondsworth, West Drayton UB7 0LB
2.Introduction (all about Silva)
Silva Timber Products specialises in wood cladding and has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic sales advisor to join our dynamic and growing team. This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in a sales environment and beyond and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Based within the showroom, you will work closely with the Warehouse & Distribution Manager at Harmondsworth and the Sales Manager at Widnes, in providing a hands-on, efficient and professional service and be a key stakeholder in driving the business forward. This exciting position offers the opportunity to progress into a higher role. You will have the opportunity to make your mark and contribute fully as we continue to expand the sales team in the business.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential, as is the ability to work efficiently and multi task in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience of the timber environment will be a distinct advantage.
Every “new set of eyes, brings a new set of ideas”. High standards are expected and rewarded at Silva Timber.
Responsibilities (what you’ll be doing)
- Work closely with the warehouse & distribution manager, sales manager and other sales advisors
- Be the first point of contact for customers to the showroom
- Assist showroom customers with enquiries
- Work with architects and customer drawings to provide expertise and quotations
- Prepare and submit written quotations and enquiries
- Process sales orders and enquiries
- Process web orders (when required)
- Respond to email enquiries allocated to you
- Monitor and organise delivery schedules in line with company and customer expectation
- Input data accurately and proficiently
- Follow up sales leads with outbound calls and emails
- Make outbound calls (when required)
- Attend trade shows (when required)
- Attend meetings
- Ensure H&S policy is adhered to
- Be a champion for the role
- Other duties requested by management
Requirements (Who are we looking for?)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM systems
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Excellent understanding and ownership of tasks
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- An extremely high level of attention to detail
- Ability to organise own workload efficiently and be able to multi-task
- Work well as part of a team or autonomously
- Team focused
- Understand and execute detailed instructions
- Highly motivated, driven with a positive “can do” attitude
- Forward thinking
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to manage workload efficiently and be able to multi-task
- Experience of a trade counter environment
- Experience of self builds and scale ups
- Experience of exhibitions
- Experience of technical specifications
- Experience of the timber industry
- Ideally 2 years’ experience in a similar role
Silva is a motivating and supportive business who invests in all their staff. We have experienced constant growth thanks to our amazing team of people.
We have a well-structured and friendly team and are proud of our excellent staff retention record. There is always room for promotion and we will be fully supportive as you progress in the business.
Our products are extremely high quality. Feel free to check out our website www.silvatimber.co.uk for yourself. We are often featured on TV shows and we exhibit at Trade Shows nationally. We cover the whole of the UK from two locations – Widnes in the North West and Harmondsworth in West London
We have moved to much larger premises in Halebank, Widnes.
If you are looking for the next step on your career, why not send your CV to [email protected] and set up a confidential chat with Carol Galvin, HR Advisor. We look forward to hearing from you as you take the next step in your journey.