Stenner Ltd, distributor of Paul equipment in the UK, organised the visit of the UK companie, who were part of a 60-strong international contingent visiting Paul to see demonstrations of the C14 Scan II high-speed optimising lines. The Power Rip ripping system was also shown to visitors.

Paul said the sale of the C11 Scan Duo scanner system to a Brazilian manufacturer of pine furniture had helped it gain a foothold again in the Brazilian market after many years. The customer intends to introduce the system in place of existing multiple cross-cut saws.

The Paul scanner optimises all foursides of the workpieces in about 3m/sec before processing by two C11 cross-cut lines working at a maximum 80-90m/min. Sorting is fully automatic, depending on length and quality.

Workpieces produced on the demonstration line were designed to be used in the production of glued panels for manufacturing living and bedroom furniture.

The C14 Scan II line demonstrated, destined for a packaging material manufacturer, works at a maximum 60m/min.

Individual pieces of timber are transported through an automatic defect recognition system before cutting and the sorting system divides boards into different qualities. About 80% of boards then move into a moulder for processing, while the remaining 20% not suitable for further processing is stacked.

Stenner managing director Syd Mather also used the event to progress a Korean customer’s plans for a horizontal resaw line and Paul edger.