Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC UK) is seeking a Marketing Manager20 July 2023
Location: Sheffield (inc. option for flexible remote working) with occasional travel in the UK and Europe
PEFC promotes Sustainable Forest Management to help protect the world’s forests. We are an international non-profit organisation, with a presence in 50 countries, promoting Sustainable Forest Management through voluntary certification and labelling programme.
Since 1999, we have grown rapidly to become the world's largest forest certification system. Currently, over 280 million hectares of forest area are managed in compliance with PEFC's internationally recognised Sustainability Benchmarks - that's an area roughly the size of Egypt, South Africa and Turkey combined. Nearly three-quarters (71%) of all certified forests globally, are certified to PEFC’s challenging environmental, social and economic requirements. The distinctive “two trees label” appears on category-leading brands in supermarkets across the UK and around the world, providing consumers with assurances of responsible sourcing.
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our long-standing Head of Marketing and Communications, we are seeking a creative and experienced Marketing Manager to join our UK Team who is committed to grow market demand for PEFC certified renewable, recyclable, and responsibly sourced, wood-based products.
The Role & Principal Accountabilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working alongside the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of our marketing strategy. Key accountabilities include:
- Develop the organisation’s Business Plan, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Develop and implement PEFC UK’s annual marketing plan and manage the budget appropriately.
Strengthening the Brand
- Maintaining an up-to-date marketing database.
- Researching key companies in target sectors.
- Develop marketing tools such as sector-specific brochures, case studies and factsheets.
- Planning social media campaigns to increase market awareness and acceptance of PEFC certified products.
- Preparation of Marketing & Communications report for presentation at quarterly PEFC UK boards meetings.
- Organising PEFC events, such as webinars & CPD workshops.
- Managing PEFC’s presence at Trade shows.
- Representing the UK on PEFC International’s sector-specific working groups.
- Representing PEFC UK at meetings with key end user sectors (e.g. retailer, band owners and built environment professionals) sectors, to promote the use of PEFC-certified products and encourage the use of the PEFC label.
- Educated to degree level with a recognised postgraduate marketing or sales qualification.
2. Previous Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a professional sales or marketing role, preferably in an FMCG, forest-based products sector, or certification and labelling environment.
- Experience of developing creative solutions that positively impact business.
3. Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a talent for persuading.
- A confident multitasker, able to prioritise effectively.
- A self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Well-developed analytical, detail-orientated skills.
- Strong project management skills and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent knowledge of digital and social media and its use to achieve marketing objectives.
In addition to your salary, remuneration includes pension, private healthcare, flexible working and 25 days annual leave.
Application by CV and a covering letter stating how your skills and past experience are relevant to the job to: John Kirkby email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: 31st August 2023