Sales Executive, Timber / Pallet Sector22 February 2023
A&J Scott Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent sawmills. Established in 1960, the company sells its products to a diverse range of customers nationwide, predominantly in the fencing and garden products sectors.
This is a newly created role to support the growth of the business. The initial focus of the role will be on developing business in the pallet sector, repeat selling to established accounts as well as generating new business, predominantly in the north of England and southern Scotland. This will involve targeting stock sales and developing a product profile which benefits the company and customers. In time you will take full responsibility for all pallet sales, and in addition support the wider sales team in all sectors.
This hands-on role presents an exciting opportunity to grow new business and progress within the company. The role will primarily be based at our site in Northumberland, with some regular travel required.
The ideal candidate will have business to business sales experience, and preferably in either the timber products or pallet sectors.
Duties will include:
- Developing relationships with customers to generate repeat sales
- Identify, evaluate and develop new customer opportunities, generating leads
- Negotiate prices, delivery and specifications
- Maintain regular customer contact via phone, email and in person meetings
- Liaise with colleagues to manage stock, production and deliveries
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Recording sales information
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, confident, determined approach
- Self motivated and well organised
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good level of numeracy & commercial awareness
- Proficiency in MS Office & CRM software
A competitive salary will be on offer, dependent on experience.
To apply, please visit Sales Executive, Pallet Sector – A&J Scott Ltd (ajscott.co.uk)